TRIAL TEST #3
Ronald K. Hoeflin
P.O. Box 539
New York, NY 10101
This is the third in a series of ten trial tests of 25 problems apiece from which the best problems will be selected for a final test called the Ultra Test, which will be similar to my Mega and Titan tests. The scoring fee, if you decide to submit answers, is $5 per test or $25 for the entire series, payable to Ronald K. Hoeflin. Score distributions on this test for participating TOPS members will be published in a future issue of In-Genius. You are pemiitted and encouraged to use reference aids of any sort but are not supposed to get help from other people. There is no time limit.
1. Three-headed : Cerberus :: Many-headed : ?
2. Nemo : Nautilus :: Queeg : ?
3. Judaism : 6 :: Islam : ?
4. Gold miser : Midas :: labyrinth monster : ?
5. One-eyed : Cyclops :: Two-faced : ?
6. Of ten : Factor :: Of magnitude : ?
7. Wisdom : Solomon :: Patience : ?
8. 100 : Are :: 10,000 : ?
9. 14 lines : Sonnet :: 17 syllables : ?
10. Jupiter : The planets :: Mozart : ?
11. Horse : Bucephalus :: Knot : ?
12. Sound : Phoneme :: Meaning : ?
13. Married : Alimony :: Living together : ?
14. Amphibian : Salamander :: Political district : ?
15. Cow : Moon :: Dish : ?
16. PD : Q :: ASA : ?
17. Them : Us :: Eskimo : ?
18. Riddle : Mystery :: Mystery : ?
19. Bait : Switch :: Tigress : ?
20. Qua Non : Sine :: Pro quo : ?
21. Plus ultra : Ne :: Ne sais quoi : ?
22. FY : I :: AK : ?
23. Crossing the : Rubicon :: Rich as : ?
24. sin x : -cos x :: ex : ?
25. For example : e.g. :: Which was to be demonstrated : ?
[An error in problem #24 in the printed version of Noesis has been corrected here.]