TRIAL TEST 4
Ronald K. Hoeflin
P.O. Box 539
New York, NY 10101
This is the fourth in a series of ten trial tests of 25 problems apiece from which the best problems will be selected for a final test called the Ultra Test, which will be similar to my Mega and Titan tests. The scoring fee, if you decide to submit answers, is $5 per test or $25 for the entire series, payable to Ronald K. Hoeflin. Score distributions on this test for participating TOPS members will be published in a future issue of In-Genius. You are pemiitted and encouraged to use reference aids of any sort but are not supposed to get help from other people. There is no time limit. [These instructions, and Dr. Hoeflin's address, are repeated here for convenience but only appeared with Trial Test 3 in printed copies of Noesis. --KL]
1. A good place : Utopia :: Nowhere: ?
2. April : Showers :: May : ?
3. Fuller : Buckminster :: Dome : ?
4. Of salt : Pillar :: 's wife : ?
5. Horseman : Headless :: Crane : ?
6. A in time saves nine : Stitch :: lips sink ships : ?
7. Low : High :: Woofer : ?
8. 2.54 : Inch :: 454 : ?
9. 2.54 : Inch :: 39.37 : ?
10. 2.54 : Inch :: 3.26 : ?
11. A, AB, B, BO, O: BO :: A, C, G, T, U : ?
12. Pocus : Hocus :: Pokery : ?
13. Thingama : Bob :: Do: ?
14. Head : Stagehand :: Key : ?
15. Errand boy : Gofer :: Lighting electrician : ?
16. C, D, 1, K, L, M, V, X : K:: B, E, M, N, R, S. T, U : ?
17. Far : Near :: Stratosphere : ?
18. - 1 : Birdie :: - 2 : ?
19. Eggs : Grading :: Wounded : ?
20. Wedding assistant : Best man :: Movie production assistant : ?
21. Mock : Mach :: Oiler : ?
22. 1951 : Wittgenstein :: 1970 : ?
23. Mom : Dad :: Sire : ?
24. Bird : Cat :: Tweetie : ?
25. 1953 : Stalin :: 1940 : ?